I just wanted to welcome everyone to the spring semester here at U.B.. Things are getting underway pretty quickly and the LIS Student Groups (LIS-GSA, ALA, SLA, and PLA) have already had their first meeting of the semester which was a rousing success! It was great to see so many students looking to get involved with the organizations and we have some great things in the works for this semester.
Just some brief highlights of the meeting:
– Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 7:30 in either the LIS Student Lounge (543 Baldy) or the conference room at 553 Baldy.
– The LIS Student Groups will be at the Welcome Reception for students which is being held this Tuesday, February 10th from 5:30-6:30 in 553 Baldy so stop by meet your representatives and GET INVOLVED!!!!!!! This event is not only for new students so if you are a continuing student join us to network and meet other students in the program.
– We will be having a Valentine’s Day fundraiser on Friday February 13th on the 1st floor of Baldy. We will be selling homemade cards and baked goods as well as having ‘Blind Date with a Book’. We are looking for volunteers to help with making desserts and donating books for the Blind Date. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com and let us know how you can help!
– There will be a Happy Hour coming up for LIS students on Friday February 27th (the time and location will soon follow) and the SLA will also be hosting a tour of UB’s Museum of Neuroanatomy aka the Brain Museum on Saturday, March 7th at 12:00pm. Everyone is welcome on the tours, you do not have to be part of SLA to go. It is just a great experience to meet new people and network.
– If you have a suggestion for an event or volunteer opportunity, please let us know!!
I look forward to working with you guys in the next few months!