– Professional Development
– Community Service
The purpose and aims of UB ALA are:
- To facilitate and encourage participation in the American Library Association (ALA).
- To acquaint members with goals, objectives, and resources of the ALA.
- To provide the members of the student chapter with official representation to the ALA and other relevant organizations.
- To encourage professional contacts within the field of librarianship.
- To actively promote involvement in professional activities beyond the classroom and office.
- To provide a local forum for the exchange of ideas and information about trends, issues, and opportunities in the profession.
- To develop skills and relationships that will enable students to have a creative and lasting impact on the profession.
- To increase awareness of national issues in library and information science.